On 1/6/2013 12:31 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 1/6/2013 3:14 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 1/6/2013 11:37 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 1/6/2013 2:17 PM, meekerdb wrote:
So no physicists since Schrodinger are materialists. So materialism can't very well be "scientific dogma" as you keep asserting.

Brent
Hi Brent,

I think that you are taking as evidence the lack of overt statements as evidence. Any person that is marxist, for example, is a materialist, by definition...

So how many physicists are marxists in the philosophical sense.  I don't know
even one.

Brent
Hi,

OK, so we can safely discount your claims about "no physicists since Schrodinger are materialists..." My point is that the lack of a direct statement in some particular form, like "I am a materialist" does not act as proof that "no physicists since Schrodinger are materialists". It only tells us some of the limits of your personal knowledge.

Or that your complaints have no basis.