From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-07, 17:56:48
Subject: Re: "The best of all possible Worlds."

On 1/7/2013 4:43 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi meekerdb

There are some errors in fact in the Bible, but IMHO it is
inerrant with regard to faith and practice. By inerrant, I mean that
it is completely consistent along those lines.  You have to take it as
a whole.

By which you really mean that one must use their own moral sense to pick and
choose a reasonable subset of ethical advice, which they can then claim that
God commands.

Brent
The Israelites were all waiting anxiously at the foot of the
mountain, knowing that Moses had had a tough day negotiating with
God over the Commandments. Finally a tired Moses came into sight.
"I've got some good news and some bad news, folks," he said. "The
good news is that I got Him down to ten. The bad news is that
adultery's still banned."