On 1/5/2013 6:01 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi meekerdb

You say,

"It's that cartoon known as the Christian Bible.

Brent
For Christians, it's far more important to believe in a god than to
determine the accuracy of the hypothesis. That's why they had only two
significant publications, and the most recent one is 2000 years old.
       --- Ludwig Krippahl, biologist"

Those are baseless insults, typical of liberalspeak.
If they have a basis,let's hear it. Otherwise you're just spouting
baseless prejudices.

Matthew
10:34 *Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. *
25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, *Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels*:
25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave
me no drink:
25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, *Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment*: but the righteous into life eternal.

Luke
19:27 *But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. *

Thessalonians
1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when *the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord*, and from the glory of his power;

Brent
"The Christian god can easily be
pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past
civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel,
vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging,
three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of
people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools
and hypocrites."
    --- Thomas Jefferson