On 24 Jan 2013, at 17:50, Richard Ruquist wrote:

I once had the experience of oneness with the universe.
As an almost teenager one winter I was sliding in an apple orchard
1/2 mile from home. It was so much fun that even after nightfall and
everybody else going home, I continued sliding down and trunging up
the hill.

Finally I just laid back on my sled and starred at the stars. It was
then that I experienced 'oneness with the universe'. It scared the
shit out of me and I ran all the way home.

Hmm... May be you were to young.

Similar story happens for me, except it did not scare me at all. On the contrary, leaning on the grass for hours in the dark, it was a sort of infinite relief and joy, and I stayed for a long time in contemplation, until I hear my parents shouting my name, that I eventually recognize. I got to prepare myself for some (understandable) row back on earth!

Bruno

Richard