On 25 Jan 2013, at 23:12, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/25/2013 8:22 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

Even the idea that we are unconscious during deep sleep does not convince me. We could be conscious but without read/write access to our memories, so how would we know afterwords? But maybe we are experiencing the same level of consciousness as a bacteria.

People are not unconscious when asleep. People sleep through the chiming of clocks

That means that they might be disconnected from their environment, not that they are unconscious.

Bruno

but will wake instantly if you whisper their name.