On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:13:40 PM UTC-5, stathisp wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > Maybe if there was a computer which was not specifically designed to
> deceive
> > our senses... which would mean that it was one which occurred naturally
> and
> > did not include anything which was ever designed or programmed by a
> human
> > being.
>
> Which contradicts your original claim that we can just "sense" that
> other people are conscious without any logical analysis.

No because we also realize intuitively that computers are unconscious
without any logical analysis. That's why behaving 'like a robot' or a
machine is synonymous with mindless repetitive action. Just because we can
make an optical illusion which fools our eye into seeing three dimensional
perspective in a 2D painting doesn't mean that we can't authentically tell
when something natural is 3D.

Craig