On 05 Feb 2013, at 18:59, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 12:41:53 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

If we fix the TOE as arithmetic.

If arithmetic has no theory of itself,

Arithmetic has a theory of itself. That's what Gödel discovered.

Bruno

can it really be said to provide a TOE? Isn't it just like physics in the sense of 'Give me one free miracle (energy or numbers) and I'll tell you the rest."

Craig