In my view, mathematics refers to two things:

1) A private experience of imagined sensory figures or symbols which
represent quantitative values and linear reasoning.

2) When applied to public objects, math provides a logic which is derived
from the common sense of spatial extension: fixed positions and linear

Math can be confusing because it is *a subjective representation of that
which we perceive as most objective or the 'essence' of objectivity.*Unlike a
private fiction, math can be publicly validated. Because math is
actually a minimalist aesthetic, it can only produce one dimensional
drivers for public objects. For this reason,, a multi-aesthetic experience
like human consciousness can never be assembled from single aesthetic
effects. Mathematics is effective, and is the essence of effectiveness
because it has no affect - no feeling, disposition, preference, or
intention. All appearances of affect related to mathematics are derived
from the private, multi-dimensional experience of math (1) rather than the
(2) motive of math after it has been compiled and reduced to a single
dimension public effect.

On Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:31:19 PM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:
> For your entertainment:

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit