>From the video: "What we do is we use the story of math, which is very good
and very complete"

I think that summarizes the error of fictionalism.  To believe math is a
human created invention requires believing that everything we can ever know
about math comes from the starting assumptions we choose.  We now know this
to be untrue, our picture (or anyone's picture) of math will always be
incomplete, there is always more math out there to discover.  We make
progress in math the same way we do in all the other sciences, making
observations, drawing conclusions, seeing if our theories are consistent,
etc.  Over time we develop our accepted axioms the same way we develop our
fundamental physical theories.

We observe and explore other mathematical structures/universes through the
tool of simulation (either using our brains or using computers), and that
is how information about other universes enters our own.

Jason