From: Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>
To: JACK SARFATTI <adast...@me.com>
Sent: Sat, Jun 22, 2013 6:31 am
Subject: Why do you folks keep having conferences about consciousness ? Because
you have erased the subject, And Cs. = subject + object

Hi JACK SARFATTI

Consciousness = subject + object = subjective world + objective world

Nice physics, very erudite, but If there's no subject, then
there's no consciousness.  But if you include a subject, the consciousness
problem is trivial. You don't to keep having conferences about the
"mystery" of consciousness. It's only a mystery if you have lweft the
subject out of the picture.

Like it or not , Idealism is the only philosophy that takes mind seriously,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idealism

and Leibniz was the only philosopher to rationally solve
the mind/body problem. It's only the "hard problem"
if, like Chalmers, you are a meterialist and
subjectivity is not in your vocabulary.

Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
See my Leibniz site at
http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough