http://ac.els-cdn.com/S0896627307006666/1-s2.0-S0896627307006666-main.pdf?_tid=4e78eb70-1321-11e3-bc23-00000aab0f01&acdnat=1378052132_997e220cfcf62a6d02d5ccd22660a221

The resting brain is not silent, but exhibits organized fluctuations in
neuronal activity even in the absence of tasks or stimuli. This intrinsic
brain activity persists during task performance and contributes to
variability in evoked brain responses. What is unknown is if this intrinsic
activity also contributes to variability in behavior. In the current fMRI
study, we identify a relation- ship between human brain activity in the
left somatomotor cortex and spontaneous trial-to-trial variability in
button press force. We then demonstrate that 74% of this brain-behavior
relationship is attributable to ongoing fluctuations in intrinsic activity
similar to those observed during resting fixation.

The resting brain is not silent, but exhibits organized fluctuations in
neuronal activity even in the absence of tasks or stimuli. This intrinsic
brain activity persists during task performance and contributes to
variability in evoked brain responses. What is unknown is if this intrinsic
activity also contributes to variability in behavior. In the current fMRI
study, we identify a relation- ship between human brain activity in the
left somatomotor cortex and spontaneous trial-to- trial variability in
button press force. We then demonstrate that 74% of this brain-behavior
relationship is attributable to ongoing fluctuations in intrinsic activity
similar to those observed during resting fixation - See more at:
http://s33light.org/post/60036139333#sthash.sgzmIpwx.dpuf