> > You cannot say you meditate on choices and make decisions and then in
> the next breath say that we are deterministic.

Why the hell not?!

> > Either we are programs – in which case given a knowledge of our
> algorithms our behavior and outcomes should be predictable based on a
> knowledge of some input state

The exact same stupid philosophical errors are being made over and over on
this list. Being deterministic is not the same as being predictable. A
computer program is deterministic but you have no way of knowing what the
output of the program will be until the machine has finished its
processing.

  John K Clark