On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com>wrote:

> In a conference Dennet said that a country with religious soldiers would
> be defeated by a country ruled by  engineers and economists.

There is certainly some truth in that. Religion can make otherwise sane
people suicidal and suicidal people make for excellent cannon fodder. You
are unlikely to deliberately crash an airliner into a skyscraper unless you
think you're going to get 77 virgins in the afterlife.

> > David Sloan Wilson is a evolutionary scientist that study religion from
> an evolutionary point of view.

It sounds to me that Dennet has also studied religion from an evolutionary
point of view, the mindless suicidal soldier may be a reason that religion
evolved.

> > Dennet despise religion.

Proving that not all philosophers are fools, just most of them.

  John K Clark