2013/9/12 John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > In a conference Dennet said that a country with religious soldiers would
>> be defeated by a country ruled by  engineers and economists.
>>

> There is certainly some truth in that. Religion can make otherwise sane
> people suicidal and suicidal people make for excellent cannon fodder. You
> are unlikely to deliberately crash an airliner into a skyscraper unless you
> think you're going to get 77 virgins in the afterlife.

I don't understand what you argue here, because it seems you argue the
contrary of the quote... ie " a country with religious soldiers would
defeat a country ruled by  engineers and economists" instead of "a country
with religious soldiers would be defeated by a country ruled by  engineers
and economists"... which truth are you referring to ? "There is certainly
some truth in that" ?

Quentin