On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 , Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote

>>>   what is the meaning of "computation is physical"?

> > The word "is", in the sentence "computation is physical".

That sounds as if it were written by a lawyer. Scientists don't need to
consult a lawyer before they answer a question, philosophers and
politicians do. In sworn testimony  during the Lewinsky sex scandal Bill
Clinton answered a question this way:

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is
and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that
was a completely true statement,"

>> True, I have only read the first 2 steps (or maybe it was 3, I forget)
>> of your Ulster Defense Association proof, but proofs are built on the
>> foundation of what comes before, so when one comes upon a ridiculous
>> blunder in step 2 (or maybe 3) it would be equally ridiculous to keep
>> reading.
>>

> > This avoid telling us what you don't understand.

Bruno, if you have something new to say about this "proof" of yours then
say it, but don't pretend that 2 years of correspondence and hundreds of
posts in which I list things that I didn't understand about the first 3
steps didn't exist. If you can repair the blunders made in the first 3
steps then I'll read step 4, until then doing so would be ridiculous.

  John K Clark