On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 12:29:30PM -0400, John Clark wrote:

> Bruno, if you have something new to say about this "proof" of yours then
> say it, but don't pretend that 2 years of correspondence and hundreds of
> posts in which I list things that I didn't understand about the first 3
> steps didn't exist. If you can repair the blunders made in the first 3
> steps then I'll read step 4, until then doing so would be ridiculous.
>
>   John K Clark

John, for the sake of the rest of us, it would be useful for you to
summarise just what the problems were that you found with the first
three steps.

I have been on everything list since almost the beginning, and on FoR
(on and off) most of the time of its existence, too. I don't ever
remember a post from you along those lines, although I do recall
several references to it by Bruno, so no doubt it exists, and I just
missed it. I'm sceptical of the "hundreds of posts" claim, though.

For me, my stopping point is step 8. I do mean to summarise the
intense discussion we had earlier this year on this topic, but that
will require an uninterrupted period of a day or two, just to pull it all
into a comprehensible document.

I'm just now reading a reading a very long paper (more of a short
book, actually) by Scott Aaronson, on the subject of free will, which
is one of those rare works in that topic that is not
gibberish. Suffice it to say, that if he is ultimately convincing, he
would get me to stop at step 0 (ie COMP is false), but more on that
later when I finish it.

Cheers