On 15 October 2013 08:03, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, October 14, 2013 12:46:34 PM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>> On 14 Oct 2013, at 17:46, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>>
>> A first draft that I posted over the weekend. *
>> *
>>
>> *I. Trailing Dovetail Argument (TDA)*
>>
>> *A. Computationalism makes two ontological assumptions which have not
>> been properly challenged:*
>>
>>    - *The universality of recursive cardinality*
>>    - *Complexity driven novelty*.
>>
>> Both of these, I intend to show, are intrinsically related to
>> consciousness in a non-obvious way.
>>
>> *B. Universal Recursive Cardinality*
>>
>> Mathematics, I suggest is defined by the assumption of universal
>> cardinality: The universe is reducible to a multiplicity of discretely
>> quantifiable units.
>>
>> No mathematician will  read more after this. Sorry Craig, but if you use
>> standard terms, you need to follow the standard use.
>>

> I'm not trying to use standard terms, I'm trying to use precise terms. My
> intention is to give them a new and unprecedented use, just as anyone
> breaking new ground uses language in a new way.

They laughed at Copernicus ... they laughed at Stephenson ... they laughed
at Edison ...

Seriously though, it might be a good idea to invent new terms if you need
them, rather than using existing ones in a new and potentially confusing
way.

(Mind you I get confused with the existing ones used in the normal way, but
that's another story.)