From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Russell Standish
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:05 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: HUMANS all come FROM AFRICA: HERPES does not lie

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:06:50PM -0400, John Mikes wrote:
> Russell - and others:  not that I would pretend to be an expert in
> genetical paleontology (or call it as you wish), but in my (obsolete:
> I studied college science 1940 - 1944) thinking I found it feasible
> that 'homo-like evolution could proceed from the Australopitecus as
> well as from the Orangutan type Red ape basis, not to exclude a
> similar Simianic origin from another part of Pangea (lately: America,
> even Polynesia) before they separated into recent continents.
> The evidence of that virus is conditional if it does not exclude
> infection later during higher steps of development. Say: the virus
> spread all over and infected the diverse types of developing 'homo'-s
> from simianic origins more than the ONE we assign today in our
> desultory justification with the African type. I could use more
> paleontological justification than conclusions from a jaw...(to be
fascetious).

> Not only is the origination NOT restricted to the ONE A. Fragilis of
> Africa, a mixing - (ref: the 10% Neandertal - where did THEY originate
> from?) later on - is also feasible.

Australopithecus et al. is a truly ancient African story. At some point,
around a million years ago, Homo erectus left Africa and colonised the globe
(well OK not Australia or the Americas, but everywhere else). H. erectus
evolved over time into 3-4 disinct species, include H. sapien (in Africa),
H. neanderthalis, the Denisovans and H. Rudoplhensis, if that's still
considered a separate species.

The Out of Africa hypothesis does not refer to the exodus of H. erectus
(which was never controversial), but that of H. sapiens nearly a million
years later. The countervailing view point was that H. sapiens left Africa
and merged (or assimilated) with the indiginous species, the so called
Multiregional hypothesis. Genetics have shown that Out of Africa is mostly
correct, with just a dash of Multiregionalism.

In reference to an earlier multiregionalism, we're probably just too distant
from other non-African apes, such as the Orangutan for any significant
hybridisation to occur. We're more than 15 million years separated from
them.

But - I'm no expert either, but I know one, who I guess would tell you all
of that.

Cheers