On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

>  Theory? I am betting neither Clarke the writer, nor Shermer, the
> Atheist, has put a lot of intellectual efforts in their
> perspectives/statements. Clarke was aiming at human perspective. Shermer
> was trying to shoot down the attitudes of the religious, by
> re-phrasing Clarke's Law. Could God be Drelb, the famous hyper-intelligence
> from the Sombrero Galaxy. If this is so, what can we do about it?

If Drelb is hyper-intelligent, it can simulate all of Earth and learn
everything about us and everything we do. Say hi to it and it can hear you.
Drelb can even "copy" us into his galaxy remotely, after discovering us.
 So the existence of such  hyper-intelligences, no matter how remote (even
in entirely causally separate "universes") is not something that can have
no effect on you or your future.

Jason