On 12/4/2013 10:24 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM, <spudboy...@aol.com
<mailto:spudboy...@aol.com>> wrote:

    Theory? I am betting neither Clarke the writer, nor Shermer, the Atheist,
has put a
    lot of intellectual efforts in their perspectives/statements. Clarke was
aiming at
    human perspective. Shermer was trying to shoot down the attitudes of the
religious,
    by re-phrasing Clarke's Law. Could God be Drelb, the famous
hyper-intelligence from
    the Sombrero Galaxy. If this is so, what can we do about it?

If Drelb is hyper-intelligent, it can simulate all of Earth and learn everything about us and everything we do.

That seems inconsistent with the idea that "we" are infinitely many threads of computation in multiverses. FPI would make us random to Drelb too.

Brent

Say hi to it and it can hear you.
Drelb can even "copy" us into his galaxy remotely, after discovering us. So the existence of such hyper-intelligences, no matter how remote (even in entirely causally separate "universes") is not something that can have no effect on you or your future.
Jason