On 12/7/2013 12:51 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 06 Dec 2013, at 19:55, meekerdb wrote:

On 12/6/2013 12:31 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 05 Dec 2013, at 19:29, meekerdb wrote:

On 12/5/2013 1:43 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 04 Dec 2013, at 13:13, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

I repeat the cult of men to men is the most primitive and dangerous religion. And RELIGION CAN NOT BE AVOIDED: you can not live without a form of religion or religions like you can not live alone.

This is just Paul Tilllich trick to convert everyone to religion by redefining religion. People cannot live without trust - they can live just fine without faith in religion.

Then why all that fuss by atheists when we show they need faith in something beyond what they can prove.

First, because you didn't show that we need faith - only that we need trust. Trust is different than faith; it is tested and earned.

That is a bit of a 1004 fallacy to me.

No, it's a simple matter of using different words for different things and not muddling the distinction. The Abrahamic religions make a positive virtue of faith:

"Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of
his Reason."
      --- Martin Luther

"When we come to believe, we have no desire to believe anything else, for we begin by believing that there is nothing else which we have to believe.... I warn people not to seek for anything beyond what they came to believe, for that was all they needed to seek for. In the last resort, however, it is better for you to remain ignorant, for fear that you come to know what you should not know.... Let curiosity give place to faith, and glory to salvation. Let them at least be no hindrance, or let them keep quiet. To know nothing against the Rule [of faith] is to know everything."
    --- Tertullian

"Those who object to the punishment of heresy are like dogs
and swine,"
      --- John Calvin

You identify faith with "blind faith". But "blind faith" is something which exist because for centuries you were burn alive if you did not have the "blind faith".

Events that were justified and approved by theologians.

Blind faith is a remnant of terrorist politics, like the religion has become on
some ground.

No it's a remnant of religion - which inspires and justifies terrorist politics.

Brent
"Anyone who describes Islam as a religion as intolerant encourages violence."
--Spokeswoman for General Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan, on Friday, September 15, 2006, commenting on recent remarks generally construed as anti-Islamic, by Pope Benedict XVI