On 12 Dec 2013, at 19:27, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

As the great philosopher Tex Williams once wrote-

Now I'm a feller with a heart of gold
And the ways of a gentleman I've been told
The kind of guy that wouldn't even harm a flea
But if me and a certain character met
The guy that invented the cigarette
I'd murder that son-of-a-gun in the first degree

It ain't cuz I don't smoke myself
And I don't reckon that it'll harm your health
Smoked all my life and I ain't dead yet
But nicotine slaves are all the same
At a pettin' party or a poker game
Everything gotta stop while they have a cigarette

Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette
Puff, puff, puff and if you smoke yourself to death
Tell St. Peter at the Golden Gate
That you hate to make him wait
But you just gotta have another cigarette

On this planet, tobacco is the killer one, and is known to hook 75% of those who try it, in his combustion form.

Yes, the addiction is such that in those severe days, the tobacco consumers will be confronted with the cold winter when smoking outside.

Unless they use oral tobacco, of course.

But how can we, in this insane misinformation time, explain to the kids that what is really dangerous for their health, is the addition of tobacco, the hard drug, in the cannabis joint? Well, that will be more easy in Uruguay, now.

Then addiction can be cured, ... once we stop making the cure illegal. Of course.

Well, thanks to the devil, if he is human enough to let someone burn a last cigarette, before burning he or she for eternity.

And St Peeter, in my humble opinion, might just say: "- no problem, in Heaven, you can smoke all plants you want, and here is the nectar of the Gods, don't hesitate to serve yourselve. God is happy when you enjoy his many creations and discoveries, with self-moderation, of course".

The only plant you should never smoke in Heaven is Salvia.
That one irresistibly brings you back on Earth, and then you think "I though I was dead".

Thanks for the poem, I like a guy saying that he wouldn't not even harm a fly, and promised two lines below to murder in the first degree a human ... for a discovery he made.

Take it easy, and

Happy Christmas to All (Believers, Disbelievers and Non Believers, in This or That)

Bruno