Le 18 déc. 2013 22:31, "LizR" <lizj...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 19 December 2013 10:09, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

time... There will be at most 21 millions bitcoins in circulation for
ever... a lost bitcoin is lost *forever*...

>>> I don't know much about bitcoins. Why are they limited to 21 million,
>>

>> By design.
>>

>>> and if one is lost, why can't it be recreated?
>>>

>> Because a bitcoin cannot be recreated as the number is fixed. So if you
lose your wallet (erase it), then the bitcoins in it are lost forever...

> Sorry, but that doesn't tell me why the number is fixed, and why one
can't be recreated. Preferably explain in simple terms, so an idiot like me
can grasp it.

It is by design.  You can't cteate more than 21 millions and you can't
recreate a lost bitcoin.