Telmo, thanks. Does 'sigilo' not come from the Latin word for 'sign'
(sigillum)? which I would trace
through its way of 'expression of' rather than the American
privacy-crase.Your translations are OK,
if you use the translational ways I wanted to veryfy  in their REAL format.
I would not divert either
into the 'secretive' side as e.g. in a confessional.

Of course Americaisms raised their ugly heads in many countries (languages)
- I don't buy such
plagiarism for a vocabularian treasure of a language.

The religious hubbub for 'keep Christ in Christmas' does not "IMPLY". Just
as Santa Claus is now
assigned to "English-Dutch" origin, when it originated from a Bishop
Nicolaus whose pet-name in
German spells Klaus  (Claus?).  (In Southern Italy I was shown a
mountainvillage where - as they
calim - the first Niclas bishop walked around with gifts to the poor (Near
Marathea, the name escaped).
Also Brindisi claims origination according to residents.
Interestingly the "Santa Claus" craze in Europe falls usually on the
evening of Dec. 5, (for Dec. 6 -
the 'name-day' of St.Nicolas)  - not attached to the Catholic date of
Christmas. (or the Orthodox?)