On 30 December 2013 12:57, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well Mr. Owen used the 101 crackpot dictionary... he knows the truth
> (since so long) and we are the dumbest people on earth... but by a miracle
> (that only he knows) he feel compelled to overwhelm us with his truth and
> his patronizing vocabulary... why ?

To "Prove Einstein Wrong!" perhaps? That used to be a huge cottage industry
back in, I think, the 50s and 60s - everyone with half a theory was sure
they could explain where Albert had slipped up. (One of them was even
immortalised in the works of James Blish, I think it was the Haertel
overdrive, which embarrassingly turned out to not "swallow Einstein whole"
as Blish said in one of his novels after all, although it was a handy SF
device even so.)

I must admit I thought we'd moved on, now, to a new fad -- the "Prove
Global Warming Wrong!" cottage industry.