On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2014, at 13:01, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>

>> On 27 Jan 2014, at 03:44, LizR wrote:
>>
>> On 27 January 2014 14:08, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  On 1/26/2014 3:15 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>>
>>> I have provided the definition. Should I repeat?
>>>  God is the transcendental reality we bet on, and which is supposed to
>>> be responsible for my or our existence.
>>>
>>> Sounds like "physics" to me.
>>>

>> If physics is transcendental, a lot of people may be wasting their time
>> trying to find a TOE.
>>

>> The physical TOE would be a very natural candidate for the general TOE,
>> if it was not dissolving consciousness and person when tackling the mind
>> body problem.
>>
>> The fact that the most coherent and rational materialist tend to
>> eliminate consciousness  is coherent with the UDA conclusion. We cannot
>> have both a primitive materials universe, and a mechanist expanation of the
>> mind.
>>

> I have suggested based on string theory that we can have a primitive
> materialistic universe derived from
>

> If it is "primitive", it cannot be "derived from".
> i use "primitive" in the sense of "having to be assumed in the theory", or
> "not derivable" (yet, accepted).
>

> the effectively complete computations of a metaverse machine and at the
> same time a mind and consciousness derived from an incomplete universe
> machine. That is, mind/body comes from two different comp machines, one
> infinite and the other finite. Richard
>

> It is a bit fuzzy, but that sounds reasonable. Yet, string theory comes
> from experimentation (if only because it is build on QM) which is, in comp,
> a bit of a sort of treachery.

God is indeed treacherous, consisting of the programmer, the metaverse
comp(uter) machine and each universe comp machine
in my string cosmology. The metaverse spacetime overlaps each universe
spacetime; and each are at least mental multiverses if not physical
multiverses. However, physical particles are computed early on by the
effectively complete metaverse machine. Consciousness stems from physical
complexity exceeding the Lloyd bit limit (10^120) of our universe, which
allows an unfettered connection to the metaverse, a sort of Platonia.
[Perhaps]
Richard