Jesse,

OK, so we agree here. Your coordinate time just references the well known
fact that one can use more or less any arbitrary coordinate system in
relativity, and that none is intrinsically any 'better' than any other,
though some may be more useful than others. I have no problem with that at
all, it's always been my understanding.

So again I find this whole digression into coordinate time irrelevant to
the fundamental issue of the fact that the twins have different clock times
in a single present moment. Coordinate time just says, well we could have a
coordinate system that would independently label that present moment as
having any clock time we want. But that does not alter the fact that the
twins have real actual AGES that are different.

Again I will post shortly a longer and more complete analysis of where I
think the discussion stands...

Best,
Edgar