On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 February 2014 10:48, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:22 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>>  I don't see that. Warming oceans have less capacity to absorb gas from
>>>>

>> The climate in the so-called
>> Palaeocene-Eocene_Thermal_Maximum<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palaeocene-Eocene_Thermal_Maximum#Methane_release>
>>  lasted
>> for 20 million years.
>>

> 200,000 according to that article. Also from that article:
>
> "At the start of the PETM, average global temperatures increased by
> approximately 6 °C (11 °F) within about 20,000 years."
>
> That was the result of natural processes. The human race is doing a lot
> "better" than that!

That is not what the data shows. Take a look:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.meltonengineering.com/Zachos%25202001%2520PETM%252072%2520dpi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.concord.org/what-caused-the-paleocene-eocene-thermal-maximum&h=285&w=177&sz=1&tbnid=6QMv8FTf8uJhzM:&tbnh=186&tbnw=115&zoom=1&usg=__wTlZHQ6Tyy42yi8HlCVB2eoB-ck=&docid=LavOcNHQ3o3thM&itg=1&sa=X&ei=EOr6UvCqF7Th0AH2k4GACw&ved=0CKUBEPwdMAo