Jesse,

First the answer to your question at the end of your post.

Yes, of course I agree. Again that's just standard relativity theory.
However as you point out by CONVENTION it means "the observer's comoving
inertial frame" which is the way I was using it.

Now to your replies to my post beginning with your first paragraph.

Certainly there are equations that do what you say they do, but I don't see
why what I say isn't correct based on that. Why do you claim it is
impossible to just take proper acceleration and calculate what my age would
have been if there was not any proper acceleration? An observer knows what
his proper acceleration is, and he knows how much various accelerations are
slowing his proper time relative to what it would be if those accelerations
didn't happen. He has a frame independent measure of acceleration. He knows
that particular acceleration will slow his proper time by 1/2 so he can
define and calculate an 'inertial time' whose rate is 2x his proper rate.

You seem to think it would be necessary to MEASURE THIS FROM SOME FRAME for
the concept to be true. It's not an observable measure, it's the
CALCULATION of a useful variable. Therefore there is NO requirement that
it's measurable in any frame because it's a frame independent concept, a
calculation rather than an observable.

Therefore I don't see any reason to accept your criticism in this
paragraph. If you disagree, which I'm sure you will, then explain why this
concept of inertial time is not frame independent and valid. Perhaps a
clear example would help?

Another way to approach this is do you deny that if we drop a coordinate
grid on an area of EMPTY space that the coordinate clocks at the grid
intersections all run at the same rate? And if not, why?

And don't start making up other frames on me here. Just compare the proper
times of those coordinate clocks. Do they all run at the same rate or not?

Edgar