On 5/4/2014 3:00 PM, LizR wrote:
On 5 May 2014 07:56, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
<mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 5/4/2014 1:45 AM, LizR wrote:

        "Concern on" isn't grammatical, I assume you mean "concern with". Well,
we were
        discussing creation myths vs science, hence the concern.

          It is grammatical in the same sense as "Senators Express Concern on
Reverse
          Mortgage Rule/s/ [/not rule/] By RACHEL ABRAMS
          <http://dealbook.nytimes.com/author/rachel-abrams/>  New York Times.
/April
          30, 2014, 4:00 /pm.  "Concern with" usually implies specificity on a
          particular myth. "Concern ABOUT" is what is meant by "concern ON".

    Hmm, OK, maybe it's an Americanism.

    No.  The "on" goes with the "express"  It might have read "Senators speak
on reverse
    mortgage rules".

Well speaking as an editor it reads VERY clunkily to me. I would normally say "speak about" - or just "discuss".

Normally; but "to speak on" a topic is common in describing a lecture or
political speech.

To say that someone "speaks on" something sounds as though it comes from a long-gone era of formal diction. It /could/ work, in some restricted contexts, to give a sense of formality / artificiality, but I wouldn't use it in general speech or writing. "What is this concern on [whatever it was]" just read to me like someone who can't be bothered to express themselves properly.

And as the OP said, "Concern ABOUT" is what is meant by "concern ON" -

No, it's not an Americanism as far as I know, but headline writers sometimes chose a short word to fit the space even if it's not the most common usage.