Thanks, Russell, you still teach physics.

I fell into bad styling when wanted to refer to phenomena BEYOND it, just
as there was EM before it was detected, there was electricity and gravity
before the words were invented and so on. What may be in the future is not
anticipateable if we have no lead to them within our existing inventory.

Your words

*"...Different instruments are used fordifferent bands, but they all
overlap and are cailbrated against eachother. I understand that the gamma
ray spectrum is unbounded, sinceany photon with sufficient energy to knock
an electron out of an atom..."*

are still physics 101 - what I accept - but my agnosticism goes further in
the expectation of novelties.
I may go into 'pseudoscience' - or even 'antiscience' but keep an open mind
for the so far unimaginable. I resist to statements like "NOTHING ELSE".
Please forgive...

John Mikes