On 2 July 2014 15:46, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> What would a non-reductionist ontology look like?

The explanatory chain you gave earlier would look like one if I could make
sense of it.

> Some kind of Holism. Plotinus talks about "The One", but what good is
> that. If you stop taking this stuff so seriously (searching for THE TRUTH)
> and think of these theories as different models for an unknowable reality,
> then you see that a model with ONE part isn't very useful. You immediately
> then have to start explaining why it "seems" to have parts in spite of
> being The One.

Any chance of you explaining what you meant without all the waffle? I'm
actually interested to know. Please could you start with that diagram which
goes from arithmetic to arithmetic and explain how it makes sense, or is
reductionist, or SOMETHING. I am starting to get a tronnies feel as I keep
asking for clarification and none appears... Anyway I hve to go now kids to
feed etc hope to hear somethijng sensible next time!