On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
wrote:

> > Intelligence is clearly a process that can be bootstrapped -- we know
> this from biology.

Yes, adults tend to be smarter than infants and infants are smarter than
one celled zygotes.

> > What I don't understand is how people expect to have a human-level AI
> (many degrees of freedom) and then also be able to micro-manage it.

I also don't understand the people who talk about a "friendly A" I when
what they really mean is a AI that will happily remain our slave and place
our interests at a higher level than its own. It's just not possible to
consistently outsmart something that is vastly more intelligent than you
are.

  John K Clark