On 9/13/2014 1:10 PM, LizR wrote:
Well, me neither, but it includes infinities - atoms would probably collapse -
etc.

The Hilbert space for an atom, even a hydrogen atom, is infinite dimensional.

But just a guess hence the provisos. Personally I would imagine most mathematical universes wouldn't support life though.

Sure, but you'd guess that about physical universes too just from observing how rare life seems to be in our universe. It's hard to say anything useful though because there's no canonical measure to apply. I've had this discussion with proponents of fine-tuning arguments too. They pick on some variable and say it's "fine tuned", but with respect to what measure. The notional variable range is infinite, so whether it's "fine tuned" or "coarse tuned" depends on how you slip in some intuitive measure.

Brent