On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> > I believe it's you who has not integrated the consequences of
> consciousness not having a location. So it is meaningless to ask "what city
> will you be in?", all that can be said is that the brain that receives
> information about Moscow will think about Moscow
>
> > Excellent, and so he will write in his diary "result of the
> experience: Moscow", after having quickly scratch his old prediction
> "Washington and Moscow".

Not that it matters if the prediction was correct or not but did the old
prediction say who was supposed to see Washington and Moscow?

> Suddenly he understands the question,

and realizes that what city "he" saw is not enough information to determine
if the prediction was correct, not that it makes the slightest difference
if it was a good prediction or bad because in dealing with the sense of
self only the past and present are important, Mr. He may not even have a
future but Mr. He would still feel like he was the same person he was
yesterday.

> >> and the brain that receives information about Washington will think
> about Washington, Excellent, and so he will write in his diary "result of
> the experience: Washington", after having quickly scratch his old
> prediction "Washington and Moscow".
>
> > Suddenly he understands the question, and the step 4 makes sense for
> him, now.
> Now that everyone understand, we can proceed. So hat about step 4?
>
> I too have a marvelous proof, it shows that 1+1 does not equal  2 as had
been thought for thousands of years but is actually equal to 1. Here is my
proof: I take a cookie and place it in a red box and put it on a shelf. I
take another cookie and place it in a blue box and add it to the shelf. I
now open the red box and count the cookies in it and find that there is
only 1. Therefore 1+1 =1. QED

Question: Can anybody find an error in my proof?

  John K Clark