On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:01 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 1/21/2015 3:49 PM, LizR wrote:
>
>    On 18 Jan 2015, at 20:40, meekerdb wrote:
>>
>>  On 1/18/2015 6:26 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>
>> But observation and personal experience never prove anything.
>>
>> Spoken like a true Platonist - who never sat on a jury.
>>
>>   I've sat on a jury, and since today has an 'R' in it, I'm a Platonist.
> How does this relate to what Bruno wrote?
>

> Juries use a different standard of "prove" than Bruno, one which is more
> relevant to the reality we live in.
>
> Brent

Perhaps rig a solar collector to an electric fan as there seem to be
cheaper ways to displace air than all this waving, lately? ;-)

Sorry, not in tune with all the nuances of your discussions with Bruno.
God, truth, one, facts, accuracy, consistency, beauty, ultimate etc. depend
on the theory or theology referenced by the discussion, its elements, legal
and illegal moves for reasoning, relevant questions, and open problems. If
this isn't clear, then we are in possible "land grab mode" and more
vulnerable to rhetorical tricks, status of speaker, our habits and the
usual laundry list.

This contributes perhaps to our mucky (as in "unclear") theological
practice, although I'd always love to hear if the legal system has come up
with "standards of proof closer to reality". PGC