On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>
>> wrote:

>>> academics, politicians, and news thugs, that have long, empowered, and made
>>> excuses for these aggressors. My suspicion is that they see the jihadists
>>> worldwide as being able to topple their shared "capitalist enemies."  Why
>>> else would somebody make excuses, constantly, for jihadists, islamists, and
>>> their antidemocratic mindset, anti women, and so forth? The left in all
>>> lands serve as the Islamist enablers, and some are billionaires who lean
>>> left. Yeah, I know this is divisive, but it's sadly, accurate. Maybe, you
>>> left voters could start to vote for nationalist politicians in your
>>> countries as a push-back against the jihadist-catering pols, academics, and
>>> newsies? You could still be for social justice and spend for it, but
>>> coddling the islamists by word and deed would need to be suppressed. They
>>> do like modern weaponry, delivered into their hands by allah, to use
>>> against the Qufars (all of us). This now includes NBC weapons.
>>>
>>> In which country are the lefties apologists for jihadists and
>>> islamists?
>>

>> It is fairly common in Europe.

Hi Quentin,

First of all, I don't agree with any of the stuff spudboy wrote, except for
this detail. The right-wing in Europe is rather terrible and I have no
sympathy for their xenophobic inclinations.

> Which countries in Europe ?
>

>From my personal experience: Portugal, France and Germany. Not so sure
about the UK.

> Because I know no "lefties apologists for jihadists and
> islamists" here in Belgium... also if I translate corretly "lefties", in
> french it translates to "gauchiste"... and it's an insult... don't know if
> it is in english.

I believe the French version has a more negative connotation, while the
English one is a mostly neutral nickname. Someone might correct me if I'm
wrong.

> If you equates sympathizer of the palestinian (who often have
> social/progressive politics preferences, I can admit) as apologists for
> jihadists and islamists, it's cleary an abuse and bad faith.

I agree that this is related to the matter, but what I would say is that
some left-leaning people extrapolate their sympathy for the Palestinians to
an overall pro-Arab, anti-Israel stance. A certain tendency of the European
left to dislike the USA also helps.

> So what do you mean by "fairly common in Europe" ? what "left" are talking
> about ?

I'm not sure this is related to a "type of left", I would say it's more
related to the tribal personality type, who likes to be on the side of
their group on all matters, no matter what. There are a lot of left-wing
people who do not fit this category, of course. I know and am friends with
some of them.

It is true, for example, that the crimes of Hamas are completely ignored by
the European mainstream press and many intellectuals.

Telmo.