On 09 Apr 2015, at 09:34, Bruce Kellett wrote:

Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 09 Apr 2015, at 01:16, Bruce Kellett wrote:
One can get as much by adding a few random numbers to any mix. Your 'many worlds' have nothing to do with Everett.
Well, if they differ, then either QM is false or comp is false. But it is the whole point: to make thing precise enough so that we can compare them.
If you see already that they are different, please give the proof.

As far as I can tell, your 'many worlds, or FPI' comes from the observation that infinitely many copies of any particular conscious moment are generated by the dovetailer.

Not really. The DU executes program. if my lmevel is low, it mlight need the rational (with 10^100 decimals) quantum description of the Milky Way. As we cannot know our subst level with certainty, the reasoning must not fix some level a priori.

These occur in different environments, with different continuations, hence FPI. In comp there is no dynamics relating the different possible continuations of the moment,

Yes, there is. The dynamics is given by the universal numbers which run s the computation. They are those linking the computational states. Then the FPI links the observer moments. Both the computations and the FPI are at play.

and there is no connection with measurement or measurement outcomes -- the indeterminacy applies to every conscious moment.

In the Everett of MWI interpretation of QM, you have a deterministic wave equation (the SE) which determines the evolution of the wave function. In a measurement interaction, the wave function is expanded in terms of the complete set of eigvenvectors of the measurement operator. Each term in this expansion corresponds to a particular eigenvalue as the result of the measurement. Decoherence then means that interaction with the environment leads to the diagonalization of the corresponding density matrix. So what were once interfering terms in an expansion in Hilbert space evolve into separate worlds, in each of which a different measurement result obtains.

I do not see any relationship, or even any real similarity between these two models, apart from the fact that they both give indeterminacy in a deterministic model.

The point made is logical. IF comp is true, they have to be the same, and then the math, up to now, confirms it. It would not if there were no incompleteness, if Theatetu's theory could not work on Gödel beweisbar, etc. You need to read the math part, but it is better to settle the complete UDA first, I think.

Bruno

Bruce