On 30 April 2015 at 04:52, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fermilab is constructing a device called a "Holometer" and if we're lucky
> it may be able to tell us if spacetime is quantized and show us if the
> Planck Length and the Planck Time really do mean something in physics.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqEaPKZ7fs
>
> I can't watch that right now but it sounds interesting. Is this an attempt
to measure the "granularity" of space-time, or something similar? If I
understand correctly, the holographic principle implies that the resulting
hologram should have a "pixel size" (which I imagine may depend on the
distance to the boundary ... which may mean everything slowly fuzzes out as
the universe expands???)