Thanks.

The story, as told by him, sound quite appalling.

I googled him to see other sides of the story and found this:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2015/may/15/how-conservatives-lost-the-plot-over-the-rejection-of-bjorn-lomborg

Which is just political drivel... Conservatives blah blah blah, shark jump,
losing the plot yada yada. These people really like their clichés.

However, there's some evidence of cherrypicking on the part of Lomborg:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2015/apr/23/australia-paying-4-million-for-bjrn-lomborgs-flawed-methods-that-downgrade-climate-change

On one hand, Lomborg looks a bit shady to me. On the other, the increasing
tendency for suppression of dissent in academia is quite troubling (not
just on climate issues).

Oh well. I guess there's nothing good in this world that politics won't
turn into shit.