On 9/09/2015 1:29 pm, Jason Resch wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 9:44 PM, Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au <mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au>> wrote:

    I presume you mean that the world is duplicated on each toss, with
    one branch showing each outcome. We are back to the dreaded
    "person duplication" problem. My opinion on this is that on such a
    duplication, two new persons are created, so the probability that
    the original person will see either heads or tails is precisely
    zero, because that person no longer exists after the duplication.

So if some aliens create a copy of you in Andromeda, then you cease to exist as a person?

Since I might know if they gathered the requisite information, it is not an issue.
Note: according to current comological models, space is infinite and uniform, which means infinite copies of you exist (though very far away).
Such models make really quite strong assumptions about initial conditions. You might well have an infinity of worlds with our present cosmology, but they might all be copies of some bland, boring model with no intelligent life. An infinite number of universes does not imply an indefinite number of copies of every particular universe. There are sets of zero measure, after all. So again, I don't think there is anything here to concern us. Even if there are exact duplicates, they are in principle non-communicating, so are operationally different persons.

Bruce