From: Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Oct 4, 2015 6:28 am
Subject: Re: Mandela effect?

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

Never heard of it before.

http://www.skeptic.com/insight/the-mandela-effect/

I have heard about it, and found it silly (I agree with the link and with what
Bruno said).

It is fun to see how the Internet enables kids to explore weird ideas though:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mandelaeffect

I remember when me and a friend, after failing to impress some girls at a bar,
started philosophizing about the nature of reality. We came up with the sort of
ideas that later became popular in the Matrix (and were popular before in
smaller circles, of course), and decided to test the simulation. Our hypothesis
was that, if we started driving fast and always choosing a random path, we
would eventually break the simulation's ability to "keep up". It didn't work,
but these days we could have started an Internet movement.

Best,

Telmo.