On 04 Oct 2015, at 15:26, Telmo Menezes wrote:

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 1:26 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com > wrote: As the simulation runs at the speed of light, we'd have to drive very fast and randomly, indeed.

Ok, but suppose that the simulation has limited resources and only computes some sphere around the current part of the universe you're observing. Then it might do some predictive analysis to pre-compute likely future states. Driving randomly would be an attempt to fuck with that algorithm. Of course this would have to be a scenario where our perception channels are hijacked but our cognition is performed in the real world. If Our cognition is part of the simulation, it can just take more outside-the-simulation time to compute the next simulation moment and the inhabitants of the simulation won't notice.

It is a simulation, or rather, a computation, such as a statistical mechanics analysis. The boot up and power on and self test, was the Big Bang.

My view is that the big bang is the simplest possible state, so it's the common ancestor of all possible states, so if you look far enough in time your are bound to observe it.

I tend to agree, but I think this should be derived when Qm will be derived.

My crazy hypothesis is that the instant of the big bang is shared by all universes and belongs to all histories.

With all the Coebe dispersion, making already a lot of quasi-classical histories possible, but with all the same physical laws. But a sooner diffraction of realities exist too.

Now, I can' be sure that what we call the big bang is the real big bang or start of the physical histories. It might be a collision of branes, or just a very big explosion, among infinitely many, I mean the "terrestrial reality" can run very deep.

here's another completely, off the wall, point of view. The challenge is not merely, to discover what is true, but to discover what is true, and then use this against despair.

I agree.

Despair is a complex topic. I do think that the pursuit of truth can help or should help. The lies and the false, which can help locally, only make things harder later.

Consider this a super-goal, perhaps one that is best resolved by hypercomputing.

I comment on spudboy100, here. I don't think so. With hyper-computing, you will get only hyper-problem, and you will need to pay hypertaxes. Of course, that is good investment, especially if the humans want to remained connected when colliding with Andromeda.

The harm reduction is more in the acceptance of lack of perfect solution, and in detaching from certainty, which can help solidify the basic perhaps eternal values.

This utilizes both the cerebrum and the amygdala, to achieve this goal. We use the cerebrum to discover, we use the amygdala to decide when we are pleased with the result.

A basic implementation of a basic loop, OK.

Bruno