On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
>> I printed the following "Duplicate Questionnaire" and gave one to both
>> John-Washington, and John-Moscow. The
>> ​ ​
>> questionnaires each had 8 questions:
>
> ​1. What city did you last recall being in? *Helsinki*2. How many cities
>> do you see now?
>> *One*3. What is the name of the city you see before you?
>> *Washington*4. True/False: You see two cities right now:
>> *False*5. True/False: The prediction that you see Washington was:
>> *True*6. True/False: The prediction that you see Moscow was:
>> *False*7. True/False: The prediction that you see Washington and Moscow
>> was:
>> *False*8. True/False: The prediction that you see Washington or Moscow
>> was: *True*​

And every single one of those 8 questions had the personal pronoun "you" in
it, which in a world with people duplicating machines is an ambiguous word,
and that means they aren't questions at
​all​

they're​​
just a sequence of words
​ with a question mark at the end​
​.

​And
 it isn't a thought experiment
​
, it's a thought muddle.

 So let me help you out by rewriting
​those​
 questions so they make sense
​.​

​The
 answers are in *bold*:

1. What city did
​John Clark​
 last recall being in? *Helsinki*
2. How many cities do
​es​

​John Clark​
see now?
​*Two​*
3. What is the name of
​a​

​city John Clark sees now ?​
  *Moscow*
​4. ​
What is the
​name of another city​
 John Clark sees now?​

*​Washington*​
​5​
. True/False:
​John Clark​
 see
​s​
two cities right now:
​*True​*
​6​
. True/False: The prediction that
​John Clark​

​will ​
see Washington was:
* ​True​*
​7​
. True/False: The prediction that
​John Clark​

​will ​
see Moscow was: *True*
​8​
. True/False: The prediction that
​John Clark ​
see Washington and Moscow was:
​*True​*
​9​
. True/False: The prediction that
​John Clark will​
 see Washington or Moscow was:
​*Dependents on if it's a exclusive "or". ​*

A person duplicating machine duplicates "you". That needs repeating, a
 person duplicating machine duplicates "you"
​.  All of "you" is duplicated, there is no essential youness or soul that
the machine can't duplicate. When "you" is duplicated that means there is
more than one, so to then ask what one and only one city "you" will see is
just dumb. Equally dumb is to talk about "THE 1p" as if there were only one
when that has been duplicated too just like everything else about "you".

And neither the John Clark in Washington nor the John Clark in Moscow sees
the slightest need to apologize for pointing out this imbecility.

 John K Clark