On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 04:26:25PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> I am not sure why he says that Einstein was wrong, as I am not sure
> Einstein ever asserted that space-time or gravity was fundamental.
> To say that Einstein is wrong looks like a cliché in fashion, today.

It's code speak for saying the speed of light is not a constant. It's
more a bone to throw to the media to stir up interest, than a real
scientific statement.

Of course, since the speed of light is just a conversion constant
beween our time units and our space units, we are always free to vary
the speed of light. It is just a nonlinear reparameterisation of our
coordinates. Verlinde's proposal is much, much more than that.