On 23 Jan 2017, at 20:26, Brent Meeker wrote:

On 1/23/2017 3:07 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 22 Jan 2017, at 00:06, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:

Unless these universes are somehow, touchable, it's as if, they don't exist.

Not at all. Linearitu of QM makes them untouchable, but we have still to accept their physical existence because they do interfere statistically

But does your theory predict linearity? and why linearity of complex valued vectors?

Probably. To prove this would require more research on the logic of the material points of view/hypostases. Up to now we have a ver special quantum logic, and I hope others will be able to find the equivalent of "Gleason theorem". Then we will get the unique measure, and the structure already proved for them (the material hypostases) suggests we will obtain the linearity of evolution.

To get the linearity of the tensor product, we need first to extract the tensor product. That this is possible is suggested by some quantum logicians, for some quantum logic, but there is a lot of work to do, without doubt.

The unicity of the measure, if the quantum logics are close enough to some standard quantum logic, would impose the Hilbert or the von Neumann type of quantum logic(s) which will explain the need of the complex numbers.

The point is that if a version of classical computationalism is true, then, assuming quantum mechanics true, we *have to extract* it from the machine's observable theory. That we get already quantum logical structure just illustrates how to proceed, but the task is big. Obviously such program will take some time before completion.