​
Woody Allen said "*I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I
want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in
the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment*”, well
maybe there is a way. Yesterday the Large Mammal Brain Preservation Prize
was awarded to 21st Century Medicine and lead company ​researcher Robert
McIntyre. They used both glutaraldehyde fixation and cryogenic storage, and
proved that a pig's brain connectome, that is ​the 150 trillion synaptic
connections that are thought to encode memory and the whole mind, is
preserved. And because it is stored at near liquid nitrogen temperatures it
could be preserved for centuries. 3D pictures were made by a electron
microscope after the brain was rewarmed and they showed amazing
preservation, and there is no reason to think molecular-level information
wouldn't be preserved too. It's even more impressive when you consider that
the pictures were made after rewarming because most of the damage happens
at that stage, I would have been delighted even if the pictures were made
while the brain was still frozen, but this is even better. Kenneth Hayworth
 a PhD in Neurosciencesaid:

"Let that sink in…  Aldehyde-stabilized cryopreservation, if properly
applied TODAY, could preserve the information content of a human brain for
indefinitely-long storage."

At this point there is little doubt, Aldehyde-stabilized cryopreservation
works and it does a much better job than the method Alcor currently uses.
And at this point no new science is required we just need improved
technical procedures to make it practical to use in a hospital setting and
the will to do so.

There is more about this here

https://turingchurch.net/cryonics-for-uploaders-the-
brain-preservation-prize-has-been-won-cebbe98c241a

And there is a *really* good video about this, it's 24 minutes long but
anyone who is seriously interested in immortality needs to watch it:
​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejIKy5R4uGM

John K Clark