> On 22 Apr 2018, at 23:23, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> On 4/22/2018 7:37 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>> That's confused.  Values are not objective facts and nobody (including
>>> militant atheists) thinks they are.  Values, like loving your children, are
>>> inherently subjective.
>> Subjective does not mean it has no intrinsic values,
>
> That's my point.  All values are subjective.  They are all relative to
> someone holding them.

That is the case for all belief, be it on matter, mind, people, number, etc. So
let us put them on a table, and call them hypothesis or theories, and let us
doing the tests.

>> like self-preservation and harmony with the neighbourhood. Everyone agrees
>> on good and bad in most case. Everyone prefer to drink water to being boiled
>> aliv
>
> Actually that's probably not true.  We all know of people who have immolated
> themselves.
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/20/david-buckel-lgbt-lawyer-self-immolation-new-york
>
> <https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/20/david-buckel-lgbt-lawyer-self-immolation-new-york>

Yes, and there is country where hundreds of woman have immolated themselves,
and those who survived and confirmed a speculation I did from mechanism: it
feels not bad, when they burned, only when they re-try to survive at the
hospital did the burns skin becomes extremely painful. But that hardly change
the point.

> So whether some one prefers drinking water to being boiled alive probably
> depends on the consequences of the alternatives.
>
> But I agree there is no sharp division between subjective and objective.
> Even in physics 'facts' tend to boil down to what all informed persons agree
> on.

OK. With mechanism, we need not toagree more than what we get in primary school
in math, then we can explain how the physical reality is a subjective plural
number’s mind construction, in a verifiable way, and up to now it fits.
This annoyed only the people dogmatic on (primitive) matter, which is weird
given that I show that the (primitive) matter hypothesis to be testable (and
well not favoured by the early testing (quantum mechanics).

Bruno