> On 3 Jul 2018, at 18:53, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Lawrence Crowell
> <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com <mailto:goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> ​> ​These ideas about algorithms that can detect nonsense seem to run afoul
> of Turing's proof there is no universal TM that can determine if all TMs can
> halt or not.
>
> Yes, Turing said you can never determine if every program will stop, but that
> doesn’t mean you can’t determine if some programs will stop. And I think you
> would agree not every string of ASCII characters is a question even if it has
> a question mark at the end. If a question about tomorrow can't be answered
> even in principle the day after tomorrow

But it can. You said it yourself. In W the guy write W in the diary, and if
that was not predicted in the diary, he has to admit he was unable to predict
what he is personally living right now, and the same for the other guy.
You reasoning would entail the absence of any probabilities in QM-without
collapse, which is correct for the 3p global prediction, but empirically false
for all living entities obeying to the SWE.

Bruno