> On 9 Aug 2018, at 12:02, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> On 8/9/2018 1:47 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>> But because particle 2 is intrinsically entangled with particle 1, any
>>> interaction with one particle necessarily affects the other particle.
>>
>> I don’t see why you say this, except that you talk like if Bob and Alice
>> where related to the same branch, which makes non sense to me if they are
>> space separated.
>
> But as Bruce pointed out earlier, their spacelike separation is not a
> necessary feature.  It's just a part of the thought experiment to show that
> violation of Bell's inequality implies non-locality of the wf.  Consider the
> case where there is only Alice and she measures both particles, one after the
> other (i.e. time like separation). Then she will observe, at various angle
> differences, that Bell's inequality is violated.  There is no question that
> Alice is in the same world as Alice.

If Alice do the two measurement, it is quite possible that her left hand and
right hand find uncorrelated results, which will each decohere up to a brain,
leading to two Alices unaware of that discrepancy, and both will be telling
that they have got correlated particles. Of course, during the preparation,
that decoherence occurs so quickly that no one will notice. It is hard to
space-separate fully for a long time our hands. But that go in your direction,
as this too illustrate that the large space-like separation is only to make
clear the non-locality, and the apparent (only) FTL transfer. In the no
separated case, we can indeed say that Alice remains in the same world, because
the decoherence time, or the local measurement results spreading in alternate
histories makes this happen.

Bruno